Google +1

Friday, February 16, 2007

The Prisoner of the Lord 02/15/07 (Writings)

The prisoner of the Lord…Ephesians 4:1
By
Richard Owens Harris

It seems unfathomable to me now but it has been almost a week since I got the call my mother had died 02/08/07. Though her illness was a long and painful one for her and the rest of us, her final loss is powerfully sorrowing. Fortunately, as my siblings and other family came together, the anxieties I had about this gathering did not bear fruit.
Now, within the space of a month, I have been faced with the loss of affection from my partner and my mother to differing circumstances. It overwhelms me at times to attempt to accept and understand the pattern of life on life’s terms. Notwithstanding the health issues I face daily, my struggles seem to be compounded and I remain powerless to act even if I could determine what action to take.
I find my self-struggling with my own vanity and all that it has cost me. The hope for a happier future, the trust I placed in others to help reach that future, and the sheer improbability that future will now ever occur keep me depressed but seeking answers. My answers most likely will be that I have hoped in the face of hopelessness and continued to believe even when I knew my beliefs were not factual.
These are my own demons that only I can face and conquer. However, it is with greater difficulty I face each day, as I no longer know what to hope for or believe in. I have not given over completely to despair but do know I am no longer confident I can continue facing the hurdles each day brings.
I have examined my own thoughts and feelings ad nausea until I have become exhausted by the results. I hope still that I will find more happiness in my future yet, for now at least, have to settle for that “peace that passes understanding” since that is all that is left me for today. Yes, I have peace even in the face of these vicissitudes which is a gift my parents imbued me with many years ago.
It is with great difficulty I fight the urge to just give up and stop trying. Who knows, perhaps that is what I am supposed to do. For now, today, this moment, “I surrender all”.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback is always encouraged and appreciated. Even if I do not like what is said, I do want to keep an open mind and listen. Rick

Rick's Amazon Store

Google Search

Donate

Comments

Recent Comments

Powered by Disqus

Some of My other Sites

Find HIV/AIDS Services

Fusion Quest

20% Of All Online Sales
Come Through Affiliate Programs

Launch Your Affiliate Program
Through FusionQuest

  • UltraLinks -- Direct Links
  • Extreme Support -- Costomized Solutions
  • Value -- Packed for the Price
  • The Complete Solution

Access the FusionQuest Network
of Affiliates.

Providing continuous affiliate tracking since August of 2000. Time-tested and experienced!

Take The Free Test Drive Today!

www.FusionQuest.com

Congress

Let your voice be heard!!! www.congress.org

Buy.com

SnapDolllars.com

Gadgettown.com

10% off for Car Diagnostic Tools at GadgetTown.com

SAT Courses

The nation's largest on-campus provider of sat prep and act prep

Test Prep

Test Preparation GMAT LSAT GRE