Google +1

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Miracles 02/20/07 (Writings)

To speak of miracles is not something I have yet done. Still they exist and occur frequently in my life. The overwhelming response I am receiving to my thoughts is proof of that!

One such miracle took place the very same day my mother died. At a follow up visit to my infectious disease doctor, I was informed they could no longer detect the HIV in my blood. This was the same doctor that had informed me less than a month before I was approaching AIDS status.

Talk of miracles, here was one indeed!!! When I received the news, I just started crying, confusing the doctor completely. As an answer to his questions, I explained my mom had died less than 12 hours ago.

He did not know what to say or do but I tried to explain. Though the lab work had all been done ahead of time, there was no doubt in my mind. My mama had put in a few words for me.

With many conflicting emotions, I left his office to rejoin my family and mourn my mother's passing. I could not wait to tell my siblings this news from my doctor. Some of them, I knew, would know it was mama too.

All the anxieties of who would say what to whom just left me that day. I began to act intuitively for the first time in a long time. As other relatives joined us and final details were done, I gave thanks to God's Son.

Even as I mourned my mother, and still do, I was at peace knowing what I knew. She had found her own joy at last. And whatever may come tomorrow, the past is still the past!!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:07 PM

    Hey Rick! Glad to hear the good news!! Prayers really are answered

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always encouraged and appreciated. Even if I do not like what is said, I do want to keep an open mind and listen. Rick

Rick's Amazon Store

Google Search

Donate

Comments

Recent Comments

Powered by Disqus

Some of My other Sites

Find HIV/AIDS Services

Fusion Quest

20% Of All Online Sales
Come Through Affiliate Programs

Launch Your Affiliate Program
Through FusionQuest

  • UltraLinks -- Direct Links
  • Extreme Support -- Costomized Solutions
  • Value -- Packed for the Price
  • The Complete Solution

Access the FusionQuest Network
of Affiliates.

Providing continuous affiliate tracking since August of 2000. Time-tested and experienced!

Take The Free Test Drive Today!

www.FusionQuest.com

Congress

Let your voice be heard!!! www.congress.org

Buy.com

SnapDolllars.com

Gadgettown.com

10% off for Car Diagnostic Tools at GadgetTown.com

SAT Courses

The nation's largest on-campus provider of sat prep and act prep

Test Prep

Test Preparation GMAT LSAT GRE