Google +1

Sunday, July 8, 2007

I Love You, Wrong or Right

I Love You, Wrong or Right
© July 8, 2007
Richard O. Harris

Last night as I was trying to sleep
Our argument returned to me
And I simply knew that I was right!

Then I heard my father's voice
Say there is a choice to make
And son, you can make it now tonight.

He said, you see your mom and I
Had our share of fusses too
But we never let you see us fight.

What I learned may help you now
Ease the bruising of your pride
What you do right now decides your plight.

I loved your mom and you kids too
And through the loving found
All in all, it’s best to be polite.

If you really want to win through life
With that ‘caught in the act’ boy smile,
And say to her, my dear I know your right.

The costs of proving you are not wrong
May be more than you think they are
And love may not survive such a plight.

Just try it and you will see my son
A sheepish grin can ease the strain
And may even bring you kisses in the night.

Soon you both will then begin
To remember when your love
Was young and full of fire, burning bright.

You can, of course, continue on
Proving your point of who is wrong
But you may find you’re alone each night.

When she decides enoughs enough
Takes your stuff and the kids too
Leaving you all alone, she just might.

Son, I’ve said enough for now
You have a choice to make you know
Remember, she did not marry you to fight.

But in the good times or the bad
It is sad to forget how it began
And let one argument destroy the night.

Also, don’t forget my son the times
She may have done the same for you
When other arguments began to alight.

Admitting you are wrong does not mean
You cannot continue believing in that
Which you honestly believe come daylight.

But your choice for now is simple
Be right, sleep poorly, wake up angry
Or let your self gain some from my insight.

Does not matter when morning comes
Who has lost and who has won
All that matters is you love, wrong or right.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:32 AM

    Rick, I liked the poem a lot. Plenty to think about and get me thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always encouraged and appreciated. Even if I do not like what is said, I do want to keep an open mind and listen. Rick

Rick's Amazon Store

Google Search

Donate

Comments

Recent Comments

Powered by Disqus

Some of My other Sites

Find HIV/AIDS Services

Fusion Quest

20% Of All Online Sales
Come Through Affiliate Programs

Launch Your Affiliate Program
Through FusionQuest

  • UltraLinks -- Direct Links
  • Extreme Support -- Costomized Solutions
  • Value -- Packed for the Price
  • The Complete Solution

Access the FusionQuest Network
of Affiliates.

Providing continuous affiliate tracking since August of 2000. Time-tested and experienced!

Take The Free Test Drive Today!

www.FusionQuest.com

Congress

Let your voice be heard!!! www.congress.org

Buy.com

SnapDolllars.com

Gadgettown.com

10% off for Car Diagnostic Tools at GadgetTown.com

SAT Courses

The nation's largest on-campus provider of sat prep and act prep

Test Prep

Test Preparation GMAT LSAT GRE