Google +1

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

An "Amoral" American's Point of View

As the partner of a retired officer in the U.S. military it concerns me that someone of General Pace's rank would be so unprofessional and untrained as to publicly air his personal moral values as a guideline for American Military Policy in general. When we begin to allow such power to any one individual we begin to become very similar to those we now call ''terrorists'' who are killing our soldiers (whether homosexual or heterosexual) because they believe our country to be ''amoral''.

It is offensive to see the extremists are winning their war not through any roadside bombs but by simply showing us how our own ''leaders'' believe they have the right to openly attack verbally or otherwise their own people. My partner served in some of the most intense combat zones during his military career and I cannot tell you the depth of emotional strain it caused not knowing if he was involved in some of the most terrible incidents reported via the news media.

Additionally, those of us who have had partners serve honorably in the military continue to support all of our troops regardless of their orientation. Perhaps, most difficult, and I speak firsthand since my partner served over 20 years in some of the most violent areas of combat, is the not knowing when or if we will find out those we love are still alive when disaster strikes and is reported via media services throughout the world. I remember very clearly the fear and apprehension I felt September 11 when the Pentagon was struck and I knew my partner was in that building at that time. I urge you to look within your self and without and ask if you could bear the waiting while watching for the name of the one you love appear on the news, in an obituary, or not at all.

Attempt, if you dare, to imagine you cannot call due to unavailable phone lines, you cannot ask anyone who might be associated with the military for fear of ruining a career that was won through hard work and dedication, and you cannot ask the family without causing them more grief and anguish. With first the President and now General Pace calling myself, my partner, and many other AMERICANS amoral, it would behoove the government to ask itself what is the difference between these leaders and the Shiite and Sunni leaders who use the same remarks to justify killing each other as well as our own soldiers.

Yes, I sent this email to the government and encourage anyone to do the same and share with our leaders your own opinion whether you agree with me or not. All you have to do is use the email address comments@whitehouse.gov

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:35 AM

    Keep up the comments..debate is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:36 AM

    Another beautiful writing that touches my heart. Sometimes it breaks my heart to put myself in anothers shoes. One day Jesus will make things all right again. I love you. Are you and your lover back together again? That has concerned me greatly. I know you were feeling alot of pain and I surely hope that you guys have been able to work everything out, I hate knowing that you are all alone. Again I say, I LOVE YOU

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:38 AM

    You wish to belittle the president and General PAce for exercising their Freedom of Speech, while proclaiming your desire to have a same sex partner. What makes your views so much better than those you oppose.

    Question for you? If you placed as much effort into trying to love someone of the opposite sex as you exhaust trying to hold onto your same sex partner; don't you think that you could procreate and have more of life than the battle you choose to hold on to?

    Why must the world adapt to the standards you seem to want to exercise? You want to be more vocal and open or do you want to justify your life style.

    I don't mean to be cruel nor do I wish to condemn your lifestyle, because it makes little difference what either of us think. If we know the truth then and only then can we be FREE!

    No one has locked you into the life style you are living, you have made that choice! We have been here just the same as we have been for any other member of the family. It is you and Paul that have isolated yourself from the rest of us!

    Immoral verses amoral is self imposed by the values you see as relevant. You and I were raised in the same house, by the same parents and yet we hold different values. So who made that choice. The answer:each of us!

    We choose our fights. We determine our destiny! We decide what is immoral or amoral for us.

    So let's not try to diminish the authority of the President, General Pace or anyone other than ourselves. Your Poem dont'ask don't tell is a self justification of how you have chosen to live your life. The choice has always been yours, no one can deprive you of anything you are not willing to relinquish.


    I am your brother and I have never denied that. I have offered for you and your partner to visit. However, I will not relinquish my beleifs nor will I approve of the gay life style. You are loved just as you are, but I don't think you want to beleive that. THere are a lot of things you can accuse us of but rest assured that we have and will always Love you!

    Don't sink into some depression and attack those opposed to the gay life style. Be who you are going to be. As for Gays in the military, the risk to them are no greater than any other service person. THe choice of immorality or being amoral rest with each individual, so don't take the opportunity to respond mentally or physically to those that opose your views.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:52 AM

    Well that said it all!! What a great article. I am sure that there are a lot of people out there who will definitely agree with what you said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous7:35 AM

    On behalf of President Bush, thank you for your correspondence.
    We appreciate hearing your views and welcome your suggestions.
    The President is committed to continuing our economic progress,
    defending our freedom, and upholding our Nation's deepest values.

    Due to the large volume of e-mail received, the White House
    cannot respond to every message. Please visit the White House
    website for the most up-to-date information on Presidential
    initiatives, current events, and topics of interest to you.

    ReplyDelete

Feedback is always encouraged and appreciated. Even if I do not like what is said, I do want to keep an open mind and listen. Rick

Rick's Amazon Store

Google Search

Donate

Comments

Recent Comments

Powered by Disqus

Some of My other Sites

Find HIV/AIDS Services

Fusion Quest

20% Of All Online Sales
Come Through Affiliate Programs

Launch Your Affiliate Program
Through FusionQuest

  • UltraLinks -- Direct Links
  • Extreme Support -- Costomized Solutions
  • Value -- Packed for the Price
  • The Complete Solution

Access the FusionQuest Network
of Affiliates.

Providing continuous affiliate tracking since August of 2000. Time-tested and experienced!

Take The Free Test Drive Today!

www.FusionQuest.com

Congress

Let your voice be heard!!! www.congress.org

Buy.com

SnapDolllars.com

Gadgettown.com

10% off for Car Diagnostic Tools at GadgetTown.com

SAT Courses

The nation's largest on-campus provider of sat prep and act prep

Test Prep

Test Preparation GMAT LSAT GRE